2017-06-10

Summer Coding Plans.

This summer I want to code a number of small single-file servers for various useful things. I call the project seekquarry/atto. Currently, I am hosting it at github, but I'll probably also keep a copy at seekquarry.com. So far I've coded a Node.js style PHP web server and gopher server. The next server I am going to work on is a combined smtp/imap server. Some of the code for these will be worked in to various group features of my Yioop search engine. I have been following SSD prices, my plan is to start a new large scale crawl when 4tb ssd prices get down to the 500-700 dollar range. I have some ideas on how to improve organic search result which I'll also try testing.
Hope other people have a super happy summer, Chris
This summer I want to code a number of small single-file servers for various useful things. I call the project [[https://github.com/cpollett/atto|seekquarry/atto]]. Currently, I am hosting it at github, but I'll probably also keep a copy at seekquarry.com. So far I've coded a Node.js style PHP web server and gopher server. The next server I am going to work on is a combined smtp/imap server. Some of the code for these will be worked in to various group features of my Yioop search engine. I have been following SSD prices, my plan is to start a new large scale crawl when 4tb ssd prices get down to the 500-700 dollar range. I have some ideas on how to improve organic search result which I'll also try testing. Hope other people have a super happy summer, Chris
X